Learn about the Horse’s heritage and legacy in shaping the character of Woodside as well as our local horse organizations and riding programs. Demonstrations, craft projects, and fun activities for children make this a great way to spend the day.
The Horse Fair is located at Woodside Town Hall (behind the Wells Fargo bank) from 10:00 am to 2:00pm. (see map) It is a great way to introduce kids to the magic of horses and give any horse–crazy members of your family a place to learn about the possibilities for riding lessons and other activities. Whether you own a horse or just wish you did, likeminded folks who appreciate our equine companions will surround you.
Admission to the horse fair is free and open to the public. All activities are underwritten by our generous sponsors.
EVENT: Saturday, October 8, 2016 / Theme: "Saturday Night at the Movies"
You are invited to:
- Ride The Wells Fargo Stagecoach
- Learn about horse organizations and riding programs
- Watch a blacksmith at work
- Visit the petting zoo
- Decorate horse cookies
- Make equine art
- Join the Town of Woodside for a carrot cake and apple juice social
- Listen to a pony’s heartbeat
- Visit the Woodside Community Museum
- Experience a pony ride